Drone Survey Pilot - Field Application Specialist - Sales & Fieldwork
Are you self-motivated? Do you enjoy a challenge? Is "not my job" a phrase that bothers you? Are you service-oriented? Do you want to help mold a business as you help grow it? Do you enjoy a company culture that puts a priority on building each other up?
If your answer to these questions is yes - we want you! We are looking for hard-working and self-motivated people to add to our remote team. We want people who are willing to invest in the company to foster its growth. We also want to invest in our employees, giving them the skills and knowledge they need to move forward in the company and enjoy a fulfilling career here at SmartDrone.
SmartDrone is hiring a Field Application Specialist (FAS), our company is a leader in drone surveying innovation and technology, with U.S. manufactured aerial LiDAR hardware and software to collect and process data. Land surveyors, civil engineers, and earth workers trust SmartDrone solutions to improve efficiency and speed to completion, delivering increased capacity, margins, and profits.
What is an FAS? Check out these YouTube videos to learn a little bit more about our Professional Services division that you will help build here at SmartDrone!
SmartDrone delivers a feasible and accurate land surveying solution using drone hardware to gather aerial LiDAR data in a fraction of the time of traditional surveying, with easy-to-use software to process and prepare the data for CAD workflows. This FAS position will involve building relationships with surveyors, learning their workflows, and offers the opportunity to sell drone hardware to surveyors who want to build their own drone program.
Our Professional Services are a do-it-for-you (DIFY) topographic scan and data collection using aerial LiDAR technology to support land surveyors, civil engineers, and earth workers. An FAS will see most of their work selling these Professional Services. An FAS calls the client, builds a relationship, bids the job, collects data in the field, and processes the data for delivery using SmartDrone's automated software.
This position will be located in St. Louis, MO and will require initial training in Tyler, Texas.
About the Ideal Candidate:
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Field Application Specialist (FAS) to oversee the ground and flight operations of our unmanned aircraft system with, for, and in front of customers. You will be the company ambassador responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers and supporting the Company with outbound calling, field services work, and drone training.
This position is not for every candidate, and will require someone who is hungry, humble, and smart. The ideal candidate is comfortable building a new market and a new territory with a startup company, is able to interface with customers and our engineering team; embracing our culture, and is able to work with computer and electronics.
- Be responsible for all flight operations and data collection activities for customer demonstrations or in-field support.
- Ensure compliance with all FAA regulations, safety, company policies, and procedures.
- Travel to customer sites and perform flights or training for your sales or company sales.
- Process data in-field, at headquarters, or in the office for customers.
- Be the voice of customers and report to the respective teams of learnings in the field.
- First line of customer support in the field or in the office.
- Generate new business through cold-calling, warm lead nurturing, and be incentivized for winning and performing drone sales or services.
- US Work authorization.
- Current valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
- Must be able to lift or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to physically walk to sites in rough terrain.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Possess your Remote Pilot Certificate (USA Part 107 license) is preferred.
- Experience in surveying or construction is preferred.
- Experience working with GIS and CAD is preferred.
- Industry-recognized certifications and/or training are preferred.